Director: James Gunn
Writers: James Gunn and Nicole Perlman
Stars: Chris Pratt, Zoe Saldana, Dave Bautista, Bradley Cooper, and Vin Diesel
IMDb Logline: Light years from Earth, 26 years after being abducted Peter Quill finds himself the prime target of a manhunt after discovering an orb wanted by Ronan the Accuser.
- Great character development for all the protagonists
- Impressive voice work from both Bradley Cooper (Rocket) and Vin Diesel (Groot). Cooper for his lightning fast and surprisingly emotional performance, and Diesel for delivering expressive and emotive readings of his one phrase of dialogue throughout the entire film.
- James Gunn’s, the director, world building is a balance of the original series Star Trek with humanoid painted aliens & story telling, and the adventure & fun of the original trilogy Star Wars films.
- Action packed third act the audience can follow sprinkled with moments of comedy and sacrifice
- General Eddie Murphy action comedy vibe similar to Beverly Hills Cop and 48 Hrs but with much less cursing
- Generic principal villain
Review: Much like Raiders of the Lost Ark, Guardians of the Galaxy knows how to make an audience enjoy itself. Released from the sometimes heavy burden of established comic mythology, Guardians lets loose with a band of misfits that learn to love & care for each other. In turn, this allows the audience to love & care for them. From its impressive special effects, camaraderie & chemistry among characters, easter-eggs for comics and 80s fans, and genuine emotion at the end of the film, Guardians of the Galaxy does no wrong.
Grade = A-
Other great Guardians‘ images: